AML/CFT Compliance Obligations for Notaries & Legal ProfessionalsAppavoo Business School
Improve participants’ understanding on:
- A thorough understanding of the AML/CFT legislation, typologies for Money Laundering and insights into the risk-based approach for Notaries & Legal Professions
- How launderers abuse the services offered by Legal Professionals to commit money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
- Importance of a proper AML/CFT framework of internal control, best practices to detect, investigate, report, escalate and resolve red flags.
- The regulatory & supervisory power of the FIU and the AGO under section 19H of the FIAMLA.
- The process of internal reporting, role of the MLRO and the filing of STR with the FIU.
- Recent update on the Legislative & Regulatory framework
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Legal Professionals
- Barristers/ Lawyers
- Attorneys/ Solicitors
- Compliance Officers
- Money Laundering Reporting Officers
The course is entitles Employers to claim up to 75% from HRDC.
Effective cost after HRDC refund: MUR 1,750
Early Birds registration get 10% DISCOUNT before 10th September 2021